IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is one of the largest international professional organizations dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists, and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests in a career in engineering.
Our goal is to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally. We envision a vibrant community of IEEE women and men collectively using their diverse talents to innovate for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE WIE strives to…
- Recognize the outstanding achievements of women in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations
- Organize receptions at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in WIE.
- Advocate women in leadership roles in IEEE governance, and career advancement for women in the profession
- Provide assistance with the formation of new WIE Affinity Groups, and support ongoing activities
- Promote IEEE member grade advancement for women to the membership grades of Senior member and Fellow
- Facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into, and retention of, women in engineering programs
- Administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior and high schools
She Leads 2k17 – 15th of March
With the international Women’s Day in mind, IEEE Women In Engineering ENISo SB Affinity Group organized “SHE LEADS 2k17”, a one day long event happening on March 15 th 2017 in the National Engineering School of Sousse (ENISo). This year’s edition was devoted to Women Entrepreneurs. It was an opportunity not only to showcase the range of successful Tunisian female entrepreneurs such as Ms. Takwa TRABELSI CEO of Leadership Training Center but also the gathering was a great opportunity to share, with all female attendees, the new governmental-sponsored program that aims to encourage women aged from twenty to sixty years old to start their own business from scratch. The event consisted of a morning of lectures: Four speakers in total and later on, in the afternoon, two workshops were held. The first one entitled ‘Neuro-linguistic programming’ by Ms. Leila JILANI during which she made the majority of participants burst into tears and the second one ‘Marketing’ by Ms. Saoussen BEN DOUISSA. Overall the event was successful and both the speakers and attendees gave us a positive feedback and they are highly looking forward to the next edition of She Leads 2k18.
سوسة .. يوم الريادة النسائية للأعمال في دورته الأولى
Publié par قناة الزيتونة | Zitouna TV sur jeudi 16 mars 2017
Marketing Training, April 2017
Marketing six hours training were held in the National Engineering school of Sousse
SolidWorks certified Training, October 2016
Twenty Mechatronics engineering student had the chance to attend the eight hours SolidWorks
training and sit for the online exam in order to obtain an international certificate of the level of