IEEE Women in Engineering (WIE) is one of the largest international professional organizations dedicated to promoting women engineers and scientists, and inspiring girls around the world to follow their academic interests in a career in engineering.
Our goal is to facilitate the recruitment and retention of women in technical disciplines globally. We envision a vibrant community of IEEE women and men collectively using their diverse talents to innovate for the benefit of humanity.
IEEE WIE strives to…
- Recognize the outstanding achievements of women in electrical and electronics engineering through IEEE Awards nominations
- Organize receptions at major technical conferences to enhance networking and to promote membership in WIE.
- Advocate women in leadership roles in IEEE governance, and career advancement for women in the profession
- Provide assistance with the formation of new WIE Affinity Groups, and support ongoing activities
- Promote IEEE member grade advancement for women to the membership grades of Senior member and Fellow
- Facilitate the development of programs and activities that promote the entry into, and retention of, women in engineering programs
- Administer the IEEE Student-Teacher and Research Engineer/Scientist (STAR) Program to mentor young women in junior and high schools